Air Filter Box:|
- Vacuum and clean the box as needed.
- Paint interior to block mold, mildew, and dust.
- Increase air quality and efficiency.
- Add caulking to the gaps, in order to make the box airtight, eliminate attic air exposure, and deliver the cleanest possible air from the filter to the A/C system.
- Paint the fiberglass section of the filter box to improve fiberglass containment.
- Install new filters.
- Remove the air vent covers and check for any obstructions (such as loose tape or fiberglass chunks).
- Clean/paint/recondition the vent covers as needed.
- Apply caulking to specific gaps in the sheetrock (to increase air pressure).
- Paint to contain any loose fiberglass, mold, mildew, mites, or dust inside vent box.
- Touchup any stains around the vent when necessary.
- Add weather stripping to create an airtight opening.
- Install window clips to ensure a tight closure.
- Apply caulking or foam to gaps in the molding.
- Seal the hinge side of the attic door.
- Add expanding foam insulation between frame and stairs.
Pictures will be provided to document the progress and results of our service.
See the before-and-after pictures...
Vent cleaning is a viable option and offers a short-term fix - but without sealing the gaps, the dust and pollutants come right back. Our service offers a permanent solution that saves you money and promotes the health of your family.